CAUT, tuning levers

DMCKECH DMCKECH@ithaca.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

List,

On 3/21 Bill Maxim wrote:

>Speaking of guidelines, at what point is one considered a CAUT?  Full-time
>position?  Or self-employed with a college contract or two?

To my knowledge there is no official definition. In my opinion anyone who
services pianos at an institution, either full, part-time or contract is a
CAUT. With regard to PTG and CAUT, we invite anyone to participate in
forums and other media. If you have contracts with schools, school
districts or state mental and physical health institutions, etc. the
information shared will be of benefit to you.

On 3/21 David Porritt:

>The one thing I have learned from my small research of this is that there
>is a VERY wide disparity in work loads at schools.  I suspect there is a
>very wide disparity of pay also.

Past CAUT surveys have shown this to be true.

On 3/21 Ken Burton wrote:

>In your class on tuning hammers, please do not overlook the Schaff
>Mini'extendible hammer.

I will have one there.

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College