Flat board, bridge cracks

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:15:25 -0600

----------
> From: Les Smith <lessmith@buffnet.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Flat board, bridge cracks
> Date: Wednesday, March 19, 1997 9:38 AM
>
> but...
>
> How did it get out the door?
>
> Jon Page
> -------------------------
>
> Fast, John. Real fast! :)
>
> Les Smith
> lessmith@buffnet.net
Further;;;;
in the 70's I had occasion to refinish an ebony Steinway grand that had
been badly smoke damaged, not burned.  It seems that Steinway used to say
that none of their ebony pianos were made from natural finished ones that
had "mistakes"  After stripping we admired the straight side of the piano
where about halfway down the length the veneer changed from going longways
to straight up and down.  I did not believe their claim of ebony pianos not
being mistakes after that.
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com>