"PENPAL GREETINGS" HOAX REVISITED

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 07:11:20 -0800

For those who read the recent "PENPAL VIRUS WARNING" hoax posted to this
list, you might be interested in this information from the Reed Organ
Society:

Subject:
           PENPAL GREETINGS ...
      Date:
           Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:45:57 -0500
      From:
           peterson@rosnet.com (Edward Peterson)
        To:
           ROS@mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk
       CC:
           RleeandPaula@worldnet.att.net
           1

.... is a crock of equine excrement.

E/  {Who suggests that folks check out these things in the proper places
on the web, i.e., the ones which deal with unmitigated hoaxes.  (The URL
escapes me at the moment...)