Need Tool case recommendation..

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 08:08:34 -0700

Barb,

You may also want to check out suppliers for electronics/computer trades
(like Jensen).  I've used their products for years (and years, and years)
and gotten bored with them long before they "needed" replacement.

One mistake I did make (well, in this regard, at least) was to get one with
too wide a weive (measured in dieners, for some obscure reason).  It was a
beautiful case.  With fibers just hefty enough to leave a marvelous set of
scuff marks on the top of a _very_ expensive piano... (I know, I know, but
the studio was - err - crowded, and the owner "said" to do it...)  Cost me
a bundle to have that thing buffed out.  (Which speaks to another
semi-current thread.)

Best.

Horace

>I know there was a lot of input on various tool cases a while back.
>I've narrowed it down to a nylon zipper case.
>
>Has anyone seen both the one from Schaff and the one from Pianotek?
>The picture in the Schaff catalog is kinda fuzzy.
>
>If you've seen them or used them, can you tell me if there is any
>difference, and if so, what?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barb Barasa
>Ashland OR