Ethical quandary

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:40:10 -0600 (CST)

>...Our reputations as technicians is as much a matter of
>perception as it is of reality, and we have to avoid the perception of
>comprimised ethics even when there is none. A good reputation is a
>terrible thing to waste!  Patrick Poulson, RPT

Patrick, List,

I agree with your comments, and I think you have offered me what I was seeki=
ng.

When you state, "...we have to avoid the perception of comprimised ethics
even when there is none..." suggests to me that each individual will have
to decide what is most valuable to their particular situation, and what
they are willing to risk in making those decisions.

Just because some are under the illusion that the appearance of impropriety
is in fact improper, just doesn't make it so.

Thank you,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician