Ethical quandry #3

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:40:20 -0600 (CST)

>...However, in reading Tom Cole's post I responded to what I perceived to
>be a moral dilemma rather than an ethical one since the act was already a
>done deed.  Maybe a misjudgement on my part, especially since the subject
>title was "Ethical quandry."  The advice of the others carries much more
>weight in this respect.
>
>My apologies for any misunderstanding.
>
>Keith A. McGavern

List,

Just looked up the word "ethic."

ethic n.
1.a. A set of principles of right conduct. b. A theory or a system of moral
values.
The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices
to be made by a person; moral philosophy.

So I kind of retract my apology since it seems by definition that ethics
and morals have more in common than I realized.  I stand by my gut reaction
for the particular situation Tom C. initially brought to our attention.
However, I do agree the posts submitted by others are equally as correct
for their own reasons as well       :-)

=46or those who have been following this thread, thank you for your kind
attention and support in this matter,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician