Call back charges--OOPS!!!

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 18:12:50 -0500 (EST)

List,
I apologize. I had started that response to Dick, someone called, I put it in
"send later" and you know the rest.... So, I'll start again:

Dick,
These situations almost always are difficult at best; therefore I evaluate
each one individually. I generally do charge for call-backs, but I try to use
tact and diplomancy when I am on the phone with the customer setting the
callback appointment. I will delve into the subject of what is going on,
reminding them of their responsibility to service their pianos regularly and
the consequences that result when they don't. Many times I am able to
persuade them that everything is quite all right, that the perceived problem
really isn't, that the problem is one of needing more service than was done
at this call, or that it can wait till my next service call.

When I do set an appointment for a call back, the customer and I have
discussed the situation clearly--if the problem is something I did not take
care of that I should have taken care of, then I do not charge. If the
problem is not of my doing, during this phone conversation the customer has
already agreed--before I come back-- they will pay my service fee. I don't
recall a time that I haven't been paid when I followed my own guidelines.

Gina Carter