World's Worst Tuner

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:59:01 -0500 (EST)

I should have finished the paragraph before sending iit off:

I had order to felts (for Model K) from Steinway, and tried to shake
loose the round damper blocks (with overdamper wires) which the factory
puts into the Model K. Glorie told me that the blocks are part and parecl
of the sets which NY orders for its own production inventory from Hamburg
(more likely, Renner). I'f I wanted one such set, I would have to special
order the set from Hamburg, through NY, wait nearly a month for the
shipment, and be prepared to pay the freight. Does anyone else remember a
post about two years ago, about asking Stwy NY for a set of Hamburg
hammers factory-glued to NY shanks. (Hamburg hammers because it a C and
Hamburg was the only source for C hammers, and NY shanks because it was a
NY C. Eventually Mike Mohr emailed in the explanation as to why this
particular combo cost, what was it, $1400? Please, let's not get into
that one again....)

Mr. Bill