Falling pianos

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 08:43:46 -0500 (EST)

I was director of music at a small Texas town about twenty years ago when
a new grand was delivered to the church.  The truck had a large lift, to
which the piano had been moved.  One of the two movers, however, was
deaf, and he evidently didn't "hear", lip read, or whatever, one of the
other's instructions.

The weight was shifted, for whatever reason, and the piano, out of crate,
crashed to the pavement below, about four feet down, ruined, of course.
Looking back, since that was before I learned about piano stuff,  it
seems that was a great deal of "drop".

Leslie Bartlett M. Mus
Houston Chapter PTG
lesbart@juno.com