Voice w/ tuning lever;define well temp.

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:07:51 -0600

At 06:39 PM 3/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello, Karen;
>	I don't usually like to make long quotes from published works, but
>this book is out of print, and Prof. Jorgensen does make it pretty clear.
>
>from TUNING THE HISTORICAL TEMPERAMENTS BY EAR, Owen Jorgensen, 1977;

Dear Friends,

May I make the request that if anyone finds a spare copy of this book that
they would be able to part with, please post the information to the list.
I would love to own a copy of this book, and I am sure that there are a
number of other technicians who also would love to own it as well.  I love
this discussion on well temperament.  I just recently tuned two pianos in
two different well temperaments, and was surprised at the difference in
tone color.  Tell us more about well temperament!

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven       Associate Member, PTG
Joplin, Missouri, USA        e-mail:  dkvander@clandjop.com

web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/
#pianotech page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html