Soundboard cracks

RPSPIANO@aol.com RPSPIANO@aol.com
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 13:42:41 -0500 (EST)

<<
 Rob writes,

 What other gap filling - methods are used to to repair soundborad
 cracks?

I have used Thermoset #600 general purpose resin with
#66 variable flex hardner from Meyer Plastics.
The resin and hardner may be mixed in a 1:1 ratio
by weight and a dry powder stain mixed in to alter
the color, such as "wheat" from Mohawk or other
colors to match the color of the board. Note: a small
amount of powder stain works best add only small
amounts at a time. You may want to sift and use
mortar & pestle if the powder is lumpy. This is a very
slow cure epoxy approx. 24 hrs.  A heat lamp may
be used to help the flow of the epoxy and may reduce
the cure time, but also reduces working time.
I have used this product for some bridge repairs as well
as soundboard repair. It is particularly useful for
soundboard splits under a bridge. It is available
in one quart containers. ( the containers need a little
re-design) and should be stored cool & dry shelf life 6mos
or more if you can keep the air out. I like the variable flex
qualties of this product. McCall Enterprises also carries
Thermoset #103. 614-898-9497/  6187 Bellmeadow Dr.
                                                Columbus Ohio 43229
Meyer has a full line engineering adhesives catalog /30 pages.

Meyer Plastics
PO Box 20902
Indianapolis, IN 46220-0902
1-800-968-4131