String Storage

Mike Imbler MIKE-IMBLER@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 03:32:19 +0000

Glen - I think your idea of an airtight container with dessicant inside is
best.  That is the method jet engine manufacturers use to protect the
internals of their million dollar engines.  The dessicant is renewable by
low heat baking in your oven, so it is an inexpensive solution as well.  The
oil would work and is removable with many commercial solvents, but obviously
would not be a good idea for wound strings.  It would be a hassle even for
plain wire.
                                     Regards,  Mike (not a piano tech!)