String Storage

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 22:32:56 -0500 (CDT)

>...A tuner in one of these places had a closet
>with a permanent dehumidifier tube installed in it. ( 25watt tube)...
>
>Elian Degen      degen@telcel.net.ve
>Piano Tuner and Tech, Caracas, Venezuela

Elian, Glen, List,

I have used this method for years out of necessity, never thinking that
others could make use of the idea.  I hang bass string replacements around
the interior of a small closet rather than keep them wrapped in a coil, and
I have a 25W rod hanging right in the center of the closet.  Helps them
stay shiny and bright.

Keith A. McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731