String Storage

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 22:07:33 -0400

Dear Glen and List

Same problem here in Venezuela, not in Caracas ( 2700 feet above sea level
) but in the low regions, it´s tropical climate, 90% humidity and I used to
work in some of those places, A tuner in one of these places had a closet
with a permanent dehumidifier tube installed in it. ( 25watt tube) and
normally sprayed the coils with a very light oil, similar to the sewing
machines oil. Brand name 3 in one manufactured buy Boyle and Midway in
spray can. It is light and doesn´t live residue, Before installing he would
wipe it thoroughly with a dry cloth. It seems to work fine, and he had
ciols stored for several years, in very good shape

Hope it helps

Elian Degen      degen@telcel.net.ve
Piano Tuner and Tech, Caracas, Venezuela