Floor Tunings

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:44:54 -0500

Jim,

   I don't do store tunings for this dealer. The only tunings I do for
him are on our lease pianos here at the university. The tuners he had
been sending out couldn't give a tuning that would last past the first
page of music, so I ended up having to retune most of them anyway, for
free, as part of my job here. I finally decided I'd rather do it for
that than for free. Sigh...... And starting this year in our new
building we have 40 of them instead of 17.

Avery

>>   Lucky you. The Baldwin/Kawai dealer here in Houston only pays $15.00
>>for a floor tuning. In some instances, that even applies to a tuning
>>given in a customer's home or school.
>>
>>Avery

>If you feel that $15 for a floor tuning is unreasonable, why would you
>continue to tune them at that price...?
>In reality, the dealer NEEDS his instruments tuned in order to sell
>them, more than you need the referrals.
>
>Jim Kinnear
>pianoguy.com

Avery Todd, RPT