Lindner Piano ??? -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:51:33 -0700

About the Lindner, which was made under license from Rippen of
Holland.  I thought the willingness to try non-traditional materials was
ahead of its time.  Particularly fascinating was the lack of balance rail
pins and holes, and fiberglass soundboard.  I do think the best method I
ever found for dealing with these was a liberal dousing of the entire
instrument with some highly combustible substance, such as BBQ fluid,
and a match.  As an aside, I once had a beautiful Rippen upright piano
with the traditional,for Rippen at least, concave soundboard. Stable, rich
and warm sounding, and posessed of a Herrburger-Brooks action and
an oak case any furniture maker would be proud to claim as his/her
own.  Wierd, how such an abomination as the Lindner could have come
from such a fine company, which, alas, has ceased to exist.
Steve P