Ink Removal

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 15:11:11 -0500

List:
   I experimented with removing ink from 2 ivory tails.  One tail held
samples of 4 colors of indelible ink (Sharpies); the other, various colors
of magic markers.  The hair spray removed the lighter colors (yellow &
orange) but only lightened the darker colors.  I also tried lacquer
thinner, paint thinner, goo gone, and paint remover.  Nothing worked
satisfactorily.  I have a feeling that nothing short of buffing will remove
the colors.  The ivory tails are still on my workbench.  Any suggestions?

   Ted Simmons