Ink on keytops

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:13:36 -0500

   Sorry, Will.  I didn't catch the 'ivory' part of your post.  These keys
were plastic. I don't know if it will work on ivory but you might test an
old piece of ivory first. It's worth a try.  I'm curious enough to do the
test also.  I have a can of hair spray in front of me and while it doesn't
specifically state that it contains lacquer, one or more of the ingredients
may be similar to lacquer.  Here are the ingredients in Consort extra hold:
SD Alcohol 40, isobutane, butyl ester of pvm/ma copolymer, aminomethyl
propanol, dimethyl phthalate.  No lacquer mentioned.  Any chemists out
there?

Ted Simmons