request from Holland

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 18:41:46 -0500 (EST)

Andre;
  Sorry I can't help on the Ferdinand Karl but perhaps you can guide me on a
problem I have.  I have a customer with a Feurich Grand and they want to have
it rebuilt. The pin block is floating and the sounding board is in excellent
condition so there is no problem there. However the repetitions (whippens)
are a style that I am not familiar with. The whippen is 10.5 MM long from the
back of the support (capstan) rail to the tip of the jack toe. The balancier
(balance rail) is curved from the regulating screw to the balancier (let off)
pad. This is a double curve like a hilde (~). The customer would like to
replace these whippens with new ones if such are available. (we can refurbish
these but the customer prefers to do a complete replacement.)
 Andre any help or guidance you, or anyone else online, can give would be
appreciated.
Jim Bryant (FL)