Mirror Pianos

UNATUNER@aol.com UNATUNER@aol.com
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:41:23 -0500 (EST)

About 20 years ago, I tuned a "Mirror Piano" with a few extra added features.
 The piano had been miniaturized by ...now get this... cutting off the bottom
of the plate, welding on a steel strip across the bottom,  drilling new hitch
pins, making a new bass bridge,  (eliminating the apron) a new set of bass
strings with wound strings on the treble bridge, strung on the outer pins of
the trichord, leaving the middle empty.
The tuning was ,of course, worse than a La Petite.  Laughable, in fact.
 Octaves and fifths could not co-exist in the same piano!  When the customer
called back 5 years later for another tuning,  I accidentally lost their
phone number!

Jerry Wood