Southern Cal Exam Board (long)

Stephen F Schell stfrsc@juno.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 09:40:35 -0800 (PST)

Dear Ron, Horace, and List,

                                                                Thank you
so much for your kind comments about the Southern California Area
Examining Board (makes for a nice name but a bad acronym). We have been at it for nine years now, and with the same core members. It goes to show
how much loyalty and servitude can be obtained by the bestowing of official sounding titles....

                                                The real credit for any
success which has been enjoyed by the SCAEB really belongs to Jim
Bryant. Ten years ago, when he was the WRVP, he invented the idea
of the regional test center. He had the vision to seek to pool the
resources of geographically close chapters to give exams. Each Chapter
President in southern California received a letter requesting that one
chapter member be nominated to the new test center, and the rest is
history. A similar test center, with similar results, also was developed
by Jim in northern California. Thanks, Jim, for your wisdom and courage
to promote what has proven to be a worthwhile concept.

                                              Steve Schell

                                          stfrsc@juno.com