Conn Vertical

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 00:02:01 -0800 (PST)

Fred,
	I've seen those pianos going around for years.  They are stencil
pianos,  usually made by Kimball, and the story is always the same.
I've seen the name Conn, Ayers and several others that I can't think of
off hand.  They even have a Kimball actions specs paper stapled inside
the cabinet on the left side.  The pianos are pretty much the same and
the salesman in the truck had financing available and sold them through
classified ads.
	Personally I believe that it was a marketing move by Kimball to
increase their capital by selling them for retail behind their dealers
backs.  The repo story was a gimmic to attract the buyers.  I have yet
to service one that I thought was used.

Ron