Low bass tuning

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 00:40:40 -0800 (PST)

Ted,
	I think the thing to remember here is that this isn't a matter of
how well you tune but rather how well you deal with people.  There are
countless ways to approach this but how you approach her will determine
how she responds.  The work is the same but the human relations could
mean the difference between whether she tells all of her friends to use
you or not use you.
	You might compliment her on her hearing.  She is hearing poor
tone, not poor tuning.  You might *ghost* out 2 or 3 partials and let
her pick which one she likes the best, thus giving her a *custom
tuning*.  You can do this by asking her how she likes her octaves
stretched.
	I would be careful of explaing the poor tone.  This could turn
into a can of worms depending on how *on the ball* she is.  I would
suggest reading through the other posts, decide which ones fit her
personality the best and go with it.

Ron