Lo bass tuning

Gittinger, Delbert M. delgit@acc-net.com
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 08:55:45 -0500

I agree with Keith.  Your customer is using the term sharp incorrectly.
She's probably referring to the lack of fundamental and is only hearing the
high partial garbage.   Bear in mind that this is a Kimball LaPetite -
there isn't any fundamental on the strings below A1.

Of course your customer needs a better piano.  I've come across salesman
who've convinced the customer that ... "this ______ piano has all the same
kind of parts that the more expensive piano does and sounds just as good
but costs much less.  The better piano is just overpriced."  Yeah, right!

I'm not sure that you're going to get out of this well.  Sometimes you cut
your losses.

Del Gittinger, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
of the Piano Technicians Guild