Tuners--Broken Pins

Richard M remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 12:18:54 -0600

Hi Newton

	As soon as I pressed the send button, it occurred you might be talking
about punching the pin out from underneath .  But if so why? (Instead of
from above)  The mental picture of a student driving a pin in head first
was comical enough not to add  the vision of the contortions of a
technican trying to drive  it back out from the underside.  So how would
such a task be accomplished?  A 90° punch? A press rigged up with those
cute little house jacks?  A half inch punch then an extractor from above?
	Offering some arm chair hind-sight, perhaps the piano could be placed
upside down on horses, and a hole bored through the key bed.  You might
need a driving punch longer than 9 ".
x( :Þ

Richard Moody

btw    How did you get it out?