Yamaha Silent Piano

c_farinella@conknet.com c_farinella@conknet.com
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 08:40:42 +0000

In <v01530502aef7944e95de@[206.163.124.217]>, on 01/06/97
   at 10:07 PM, tunrboy@teleport.com (Eric Leatha) said:

>Charles,

>I do hope when you refer to letoff at 6-8mm, you are speaking of letoff
>with the shank stopper apron engaged.  Letoff in "acoustic" mode is as
>most Yamahas- 2mm.

Forgive my ignorance, as this is the first of these pianos that I've seen,
but are you saying that I can have 2 letoff measurements?  One for
acoustic mode, and one for silent mode?  If this is possible, that would
of course resolve my problem, and I would very much like to know how this
is done.

>I work on many of these pianos and I must tell you I have not heard this
>complaint from a customer (maybe I should ask!).

Don't ask!  I think for most people this would not be an issue.  For some
however, it could be.

Charles Farinella, RPT
c_farinella@conknet.com