Accuholism- New machine for TunerJeff (gasp!)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 12:43:31 -0500

Jeff and the list:

Jeff beat me to an article praising the SAT. Having been a 20 year aural
tuner, I too was reluctant to use the machine. I have used this machine for 3
months now, including the just concluded Christmas rush, and there is one
thing that really made the SAT a worthwhile investment. I dodn't feel
stressed out after a day of tuning.

It used to be that after tuning 5 - 7 pianos in a day, I would come home
mentally exhausted. The stress of laying in the temperament, checking and
double checking octaves up and down the piano, took its toll on the
concentration level.

But now, it seems like I could tune forever and a day. I can actually
concentrate on pure unisions, and fix those little octave problems in the
high treble, without having a feeling of "no body's going to hear the out of
tune unisons on B7".

I have become a true convert. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I started
out with the old SOT, and weaned myself after a year, thinking customers
would not accept a "machine" tuning. But now that I am using the SAT, I
actually brag how my "$1200 toy" helps me be a better tuner.

Willem Blees, RPT
St. Louis.