Accuholism- New machine for TunerJeff (gasp!)

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 23:18:09 -0800

>ps- Reviews from fellow-techs, when I admitted I was purchasing an SAT for
>testing purposes & speed with pre-recorded tunings and pitch raising, were
>quite mixed. Some congratulated me on joining the 'modern' world. Some were
>actually quite disgusted.
>One, Eric Leatha, known in the E-Mail world as the famous/infamous"Tunerboy",
>suggested a "12-Step Program for Accuholics" might be in order. Could we be
>suffering from "Accuholism"!? Thanks a lot, Eric!
>;>)

I admit, I still suffer from this affliction.  Everytime I pitch raise a
spinet or upright, everytime I need to chip a restrung instrument- man, I
get the Accu-twitches.  If I still had the SAT, I'd probably have pulled it
out, but alas, I quit cold-turkey.
Jeff, you will enjoy and utilize your SAT well.  It will be an excellent
tool.  You will most probably not regret your purchase.  Just watch how
your next pitchraise goes!

When I was at WIT, many of the students had SAT's, but none of them used
them to their full potential.  They used it to set A, or to help smooth a
temperament.  The stretch calculator, FAC and memory storage went unused.
This I found unfortunate.  It can really make your life easier.  (grumble,
grumble)
There... I've said it....  I feel somehow..... stronger....More...
self-assured....

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"The Buddha, the Godhead, is just as at home in the circuits of a computer
or the action of piano as on the top of a mountain or the petals of a Lotus
flower."
-Robert Persig (freely interpreted by undersigned)