Accuholism- New machine for TunerJeff (gasp)

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:43:50 -0500

Jeff -

Congratulations on the Christmas gift. Santa was certainly good to you!

After 40 years of aural tuning myself, I finally broke down a couple of years
ago and *bit the bullet*, so to speak, putting my family in the poor house,
and purchased one of the fancy boxes with all those neat flashing lights. I
knew that I was a very competent tuner before getting the SAT, and the
machine proved me out. However, I discovered that it made me a much better
tuner after getting used to it.

What happened was that it freed my ears up to listen to more than I did when
tuning just aurally. By that I mean that I could fine tune my hearing,
letting the SAT do the initial *work*, thereby fine tuning the piano itself.

And, like you, I also found that I was able to do a better tuning on those
PSO's you so fondly talk about. By doing that my ears were fresher for the
other pianos I tune that same day.

Keep up with the SAT and you too will find you're a better tuner, and more
enjoyable when you get home!

John Elving, RPT
Elving's Piano Service
Sacramento, CA