wood ply separation

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:24:34 -0500

<< I have a client who has a Kimball grand/high gloss finish whose plys of
wood
 that make up top cover of piano has separated approx. 12 " in each direction
 from one corner.  (This is the part of the piano that covers music desk,
 tuning pins, etc.)  'Any suggestions as to kind of glue, clamping, etc. for
 repair? >>

Ashley,

How old is this piano?  Check to be sure the warranty has run out before you
start attempting repairs.  If not, contact Roger Weisensteiner (sp?) at
Kimball.  He is covering all warranty service.  BTW, is this the front of the
lid?  I'm not exactly sure of which piece you're describing.  Before starting
a repair, you might also want to try to determine why this piece has
delaminated.  It could make a difference in how you go about preventing the
same thing from happening again, further or in another area (boy, that could
be hard to explain to the customer!).

Hope this helps,

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT