Fallboard on Baldwin grand

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 08:22:53 +0000

Patrick,

	I've worked on several Classic grands (wonderful stuff, one tech
described them as " a waste of raw material"). The only way that the
fallboard is going to align is if you pull and remount the pins in
the side of the case that hold the fallboard level.. You will have
to measure and drill new holes, after filling the old ones, of
course. Use new pins, as the old ones are invariably bent. Are you
sure that the lid is not binding anywhere against the case? I've had
a few of those. Baldwin Tech support was down for a week while they
moved everything from Trumann AK to Cincinatti OH, so give them a
call back at 1-800-876-2976 ext 8585. Ask for Ginny Dome, who can
authorize warranty repairs under $ 200.00 or Kent Webb, who is the
main service tech.

Hope this helps,

Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.