Removing action on Wurlitzer

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 07:37:36 -0400

Gary
One very big word of caution on removing the Wurlitzer drop action. The
action bracket bolts on some of them are simply very long, round head screws.
 In the factory they gave these long screws a downward tap with a hammer to
provide some down bearing for the action brackets.  This caused them to
travel out of round when being unscrewed and returned.  This lead to them
frequently breaking off at the threads, usually on the last turn when being
re-installed.
Consequently Wurlitzer, before going belly up, was providing, free of charge,
a special tool for extracting those broken off screws from the piano.  It is
not a fun job.  I caution you, if they are out of round when removed that you
should use new screws in their place.
David Sanderson
Littleton, MA
Pianobiz@aol.com