SATs

Keith A McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:45:50 -0500 (CDT)

>...I'm 70 now and already I can adequately hear only 3 notes above C88.
>My friend George Defebaugh was losing it even more, so that he would state
>in our classes that if he didn't have the machine, he would not be
>able to tune anymore at age 73.  If you should start losing some hearing
>ability, you will find that the machine will carry you thru very well,
>now that you already know how to use it...
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr. (AZ)

This is another feature of the SAT that makes tuning so great.  Without
fail notes 75 thru 88 are sometimes extremely difficult for me to nail down
the unisons aurally, and the degree of difficulty varies from piano to
piano.  I can tell when those notes aren't quite right, but can't seem to
coordinate the tuning lever along with listening and pounding at the same
time.  However, with the SAT I can measure each string and then listen for
overall accuracy.  Going back and forth by listening, using the SAT, over
and over until...* talk about nailing unisons, no problem! *

And because of the SAT I never have to leave knowing I walked away from a
substandard or incomplete tuning based on my physical limitations.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
=A9 1996 by Keith A. McGavern
(No part of this post may be reproduced for use
outside Pianotech without permission from the author)