Use of SAt on spinet

Barb Barasa bbarasa@tbcnet.com
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:36:51 -0500

>Barb,
>   Just as a side comment, I used to have to tune a Grand spinet (yes, it
>was a brand name!?) and I was always very frustrated when I left because I
>was never satisfied with the tuning. I had recently purchased a new
>Sight-O-Tuner (the predecessor to the SAT's) and decided to try it. I went
>strictly by the book on that tuning and it was the best that PSO had ever
>sounded. Unlike me, the machine wasn't fooled by all the wild strings,
>harmonics, etc. that pianos like that have.
>
>_____________________________________
>Avery Todd, RPT

I tuned one of these once.  (Thankfully they never called me back.)  When I
first sat down at it, I thought, "What the **** was somebody DOING when they
tuned this thing the last time??!!"  After struggling with it for what
seemed like a lifetime, I finally "finished" (gave in).  When I sat down a
played a little, I thought, "What was *I* doing when I tuned this thing??!!"
Also, aside from just generally sloppy engineering,  the bridge pins looked
like they neede orthodontic work.

Well, so what you guys are saying (among other things) is that these here
gadgets can save us a lot of mental anguish when we come in contact with
alien beings!  Sounds good to me!

Barb Barasa