SATs

Keith A McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:21:54 -0500 (CDT)

>...As a result tuners are more or less
>divided into two camps...those who feel they have to maintain their
>prior misgivings about electronic tuning aids, and those who have tried
>the new tools and found them helpful.
>
>dave

Dear dave, Pianotech,

I gave up along time ago worrying about whether anyone agreed with the
advantages of SAT or not.  I figure if one camp wants to live in the dark
ages for whatever reasons, so be it.

=46or years I used to do bookkeeping by journalizing and posting with pencil
and paper, an endless agonizing job with posting errors and correcting
entries always needing to be made.  Now it's type a few keys, point, and
click.  Once the information is entered correctly, the posting accuracy and
computation is flawless.  End of the year books are a breeze.  Those who
believe pencil and paper is the only way to go, let 'em struggle.  Who
knows, maybe they are right.  But you won't be able to prove it by me, not
in this life time, especially after having experienced both worlds.  The
only way I would ever go back to the old ways, well, it's just not going to
happen.

Once upon a time, I am told, oil lamps were the main light source for light
at night, and there were ice boxes to keep food from spoiling.  Never in my
wildest dreams would I consider oil lamps for my everyday use, or an ice
box in place of the refrigerator.  However, I do keep oil lamps around when
there is a power failure in my neighborhood.  And when one does occur, it
is a jolt to experience the reality of the oil lamps and no refrigerator.
One or two power failures a year is all I need to appreciate modern
technology!

As for me and my house, the electronic age, cyberspace, better tools,
whatever will make life more enjoyable, more comfortable, and be of more
service to mankind, bring it on.  May I * always * be a willing recipient
to embrace, to accept, and to appreciate the gifts that are here and yet to
be.

Thank you,

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
=A9 1996 by Keith A. McGavern
(No part of this post may be reproduced for uses
outside Pianotech Listserv without permission from the author)