Modern Kranich & Bach pianos

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:16:46 -0400

I've had a good working relationship with a local music store for a number
of years, and this post is a request for information for their edification
rather than mine, although I am certainly interested in the answers I hope
to receive.
Anyhow, a lady called the store and wanted to sell her 2 year old Kranich &
Bach.  I didn't know they were still making pianos under that name.  If
they are, are the action parts different than the old pianos?  The parts
for the old pianos were totally unlike any other piano and if I were given
the job of refurbishing an old K & B I would simply refuse it.  So my
question is twofold:
1) Is there such a thing as a 2-year old Kranich & Bach?  And if there is,
does it use modern parts?

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, Florida