CPL

bruski@mcn.net bruski@mcn.net
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:10:14 -0600

I note that in the discussion of CPL's no one has mentioned using VMP naptha
alone and without any additives such as silicone.

I generally try naptha first before going to the next step such as Protec or
repinning and get good results in the dry climate in which I work.  I keep
the naptha in a lighter fluid can which has a squirt spout on the end and
allows quite a bit of control in directing a small amount of fluid at the
flange bushing.  This is best for 1 or 2 tight flanges.  An entire set of
tight flanges tells me something is amiss and a simple solution might not be
available.

>3 popular products for CPL today are Protex, or alcohol mixed with water in a
>ratio of 3 to 1 or about the same as vodka, or VMP naptha mixed with silicon
>available from the Wurlitzer Piano Co. now owned by Baldwin.

        _________        ___
   |  Bruce Waller   \
   |Piano Tuning & Rpr \__
   |   406-575-4448        \      ___