spots on hammers & keys

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:52:33 -0700 (MST)

To Simmons and Blees:

40 years ago I used to find pianos with spots on the hammers and keys
which was caused by the moth proofing solution which was sprayed on
with an old style spritzer type bottle.  Could that be the source of
the spots?  In that case, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would however really worry about hanta virus.  I think it was first
discovered in NE Arizona.  Its symtoms are much like the Flu, except in
3 or 4 days you are dead.  This source was traced to deer mice and
possibly rats.

Jim Coleman, Sr.