un-weighting

Keith A McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:55:22 -0500 (CDT)

>... In speaking with the previous technician the keys were weighted
>to give it a lighter touch, after new hammers were installed...

>...I'm afraid I need to start knocking out weights, which is a
>new operation for me. Can anyone tell me what problems I'm looking at? I
>assume I have to plug the holes. . .any details you'd like to suggest?

>...I'd love any suggestions ASAP.
>
>Bob Simmons, RPT

I would first and foremost, determine if it is true that someone has added
keyleads to the keys, has removed keyleads from the keys, and/or has
relocated the original keyleads in the keys.  If any of these items can be
determined to have happened, I would attempt to undo those changes to make
the keys has original as possible.  If you do have to remove leads, I would
fill the holes with dowel plugs for strength and continuity.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University