DISINFECTING PIANO

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:41:28 -0800

 Pn> Subject: disinfecting piano

 Pn> To the list,

 Pn> I believe that a while back there was some discussion about cleaning
 Pn> and disinfecting pianos that have mouse damage.

 Pn> Gordon Large

I recall an article in the PTJ some time back cautioning us to wear good dust
masks when cleaning mouse dirt out of pianos. Out west here we have a very
dangerous disease that is spread to humans through our lungs when we stir up
dust from a mouse nest. I think rubber gloves may also be recommended as the
virus can also be picked up via skin contact.

Scott Johnson
scott.e.johnson@24stex.com

___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.21 [NR]