ABS styrene flanges

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:04:11 -0800 (PST)

Dear List,
	I serviced a Kawai UST-8A (studio) today that has about a dozen
sticky flanges.  The hammers swing 1 time.  The hammer butts are wood
but the flanges are ABS Styrene.  I have serviced this piano before and
this problem wasn't there.
	What causes this and what can I do to fix it?

Ron Shiflet, RPT
Ron_and_Lorene@Juno.com

P.S.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions on dampening the spinet in the
restaurant.  I went there today having several options (from all of you)
and we were able to make a decision together after weighing them all out.

 You're great !!!