Credit cards

delgit@afm.org delgit@afm.org
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 21:07:58 -0500 (EST)

IK>This may not apply, but does anyone here have firsthand experience with
IK>accepting credit cards from customers for services rendered while servicing
IK>pianos?

IK>Keith A. McGavern, RPT
IK>Oklahoma Chapter 731

Keith,

I've been set up to take credit cards with the exception of American
Express for about three years now.  I don't have a great number of
clients who charge a normal tuning or service call.  But, accepting the
cards comes in very handy when extra service is needed at additional
unplanned for expense.

The client is more easily sold on the extra work if they can put it on
their plastic and pay for it later.

My costs are $5.00 per month for the data terminal on my desk and a
small (somewhere around 2% of the charge) fee per transaction.  One
charged tuning covers my annual cost.

The extra work sold because of accepting credit cards more than
justifies the expense.  The money is automatically deposited in my
checking account by electronic transfer in a guaranteed maximum 48
hours.

       Del Gittinger, RPT
       delgit@afm.org
       72056.2032@compuserve.com