Knight piano

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 23:28:49 -0400

I tuned my first Knight piano (1953 model, console size) today.  Eighteen
years in the business.  For many years prior I have heard of this piano and
its maker.  Now the waiting is thus over.

Beautiful sound and workmanship.  No tenor/treble break.  One thing did catch
my attention though.  Something I have seen before, but never thought to ask
anyone.

I am looking at the bass bridge...the bridge pins on the bass bridge to be
more exact, where the strings cross over and receive their side bearing
because of the upper and lower bridge pins.

When the single strings change to double strings, the side bearing reverses
directions.  Does someone know the reason for this?

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731