computer as tool

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 13:59:16 -0700 (PDT)

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask, about maximizing my
computer use.

1. What communications programs do you find most useful with the
internet? I am just using a cheap thing that is a part of an old
"SideKick Calendar" program, to tie into through the University. I'm sure
there must be something better, but what?

2. I've never really gotten into scheduling my appointments on the
computer; still use a Day Timer, and that works okay, but I've recently
been double entering on SideKick, for fun. But it's sort of a hassle,
because after I finish entering the information in my database, I then have to
type in the same thing on the calendar. *But* I am not interested in
re-entering all my 4000 some-odd records, by hand into a new database,
just so I can tie into a calendar. Anybody found anything you *really*
like, for scheduling (predominantly privated customer, in my case)?

Bob Simmons, RPT