many topics (fwd)

Barb Richmond brichmon@titan.iwu.edu
Wed, 06 Sep 1995 12:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 12:35:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: Barb Richmond <brichmon@titan.iwu.edu>
To: John Minor <jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: many topics

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, John Minor wrote:

> Barb: What program do you use to keep tuning records?
>
> John

John,

When all I had was my computer (IBM compatible) at home, I used Microsoft
Access.  Now, at school I have a Mac and use the database program in
Microsoft Works.  I use a table format with the fields Make, Serial#,
Room#, and s,e,r,v,i,c,ee as the fields where I record the dates of
service (although one might like to use semesters as the fileds--whatever!).
Then I sort according to a field, for example field *s*.  To get the program
to be able to read the dates for sorting, I use the year first, then month
and day.  So, August 31, 1995 would be 950831.  It's easy to see what has
been tuned and what hasn't.  I use a field called R & R to record things
like repairs and regulation.  Call me weird, but I get a real feeling
of accomplishment when I see I've filled all the spaces in a field.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois
brichmon@titan.iwu.edu