Scheduling Software

Russell Brown russell_brown@macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:16:43 +0800 (U)

                      Subject:                              Time:  11:02 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Scheduling Software                   Date:  11/30/95

For me, simpler is almost aways better.  I, too, once had the urge to see my
schedule neatly displayed on the screen or printed out in tidy formats, but
after trying the PC Tools Calendar (which was easy to use) and Calendar
Creator, I found the effort of entering the information and checking it in the
computer constantly to be more distracting, especially since I frequently made
appointments away from the computer (as when I retreived phone messages
remotely and called customers), than helpful.  Now when a customer calls, I
don't have to boot up to be organized.  I simply open the appointment book
which is by the phone.  The day of the service, by hitting a macro key and
typing in the customers' names, invoiced are printed along with a memo page
with such tidpits as directions, beef or lamb biscuits for the rabid dog, etc.
 In short, I found scheduling with the computer time consuming, inefficient,
cumbersome.  But, it was fun!

If you discover something you like, can you pass the informantion along?

Thanks,
Russell Brown RPT
russell-brown@MACMAIL.ucsc.edu