Was grey market, now ??

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Thu, 09 Nov 1995 21:07:29 -0500

Dennis Johnson wrote:
>>   Any comments about "finishing off" the post '93 Steinway actions? I
>>don't see these at the school, but have seen enough in homes to sense that
>>tension is threatening to explode.

Dennis, unfortunately some pianos pass through our dealer here without more
than a tuning, but I have had my hands on several beginning in '93.  I
watched the progress as the factory addressed flange pinning, rebuilt their
parts cutting machine to build more
even and squared flanges, and most recently, tightened down the hammer filing
so they come out close to shape.

Having noticed the improvements and enjoyed working on the actions, I am
puzzled by what "tension" you are talking about, and who would be exploding?

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle