Ivory work

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:46:26 -0600

>I need the name of a technician in the Dallis/Ft.Worth area to
>refer a customer to who has a Steinway upright with 19 chipped
>ivory keys.  Some have the front lip completely broken off.  I saw
>the piano just before it was moved from Utah and it is very nice
>looking except for that. (Junior played it with a toy fire truck).  If
>you do or someone you know does excellent key work, send
>your name and phone number and I'll pass it on.   Thanks
>
>Jack
>jack_reeves@byu.edu

Jack,

Leon Spier has been doing wonderful keytop work for years in the Dallas/Ft.
Worth area. He usually replaces ivory keys with plastic (or Ivorine), but
if he can't do it, perhaps he knows who can.

Good luck,

Tom Seay
The Unversity of Texas at Austin

t.seay@mail.utexas.edu

"Don't worry about your music too much - whatever you write will end up
being played
 on an old upright in a bar anyway!"  - Marvin Hamlish