Ivory work

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:50:22 -0600

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Jack Reeves wrote:

> I need the name of a technician in the Dallis/Ft.Worth area to
> refer a customer to who has a Steinway upright with 19 chipped
> ivory keys.  Some have the front lip completely broken off.  I saw
> the piano just before it was moved from Utah and it is very nice
> looking except for that. (Junior played it with a toy fire truck).  If
> you do or someone you know does excellent key work, send
> your name and phone number and I'll pass it on.   Thanks

Merle Sanford                 They do an excellent job of restoring
The Reed & String Shop        busted up ivories--but I think they'll
1503 Harding                  probably have to replace the busted up
Pasadena, TX 77502            ones.
713/473-2688

Ron Torrella               "Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought,
School of Music           and not, as many of those who worry most about their
University of Illinois    shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit
                    or oratory." -- Emily Post, Etiquette