Humidity measuring devices

drose@microcity.com drose@microcity.com
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 15:59:58 -0500 (EST)

I tried a post of this last week but received no confirmation that the
"mail got through".

I was commenting that some of the small humidity gauges have very wide
limits on their accuracy. Some are + or - 7% for ranges below 40%.

I recommended a gauge available from Edmunds Scientific Catalogue number
b37,352. Accuracy over the range from 10 to 90% is + or - 2% and it will
measure 0 to 10 (+/- 5%) and 90 to 100 (+/- 5%).

The cost is reasonable $64.95 U.S. dollars. It uses a measuring probe so
could be placed in a easy to view location while tuning.  Responce time
is 3 to 5 minutes so decisions about whether to "float" the pitch or do
pitch correction can be made with little time waste.

Thanks for all the hints and tips.

I would vote for the journals being  "online" or atleast "on disk".  I
had to find an article from November 1990 the other day. It took me
nearly an hour of searching old journals.

I have a full page scanner now and and thinking of scanning each journal
as it arrives.